Best Engineering College in Hyderabad | Pallavi Engineer College
To give the nation qualitative Civil Engineers, who can contribute for the construction of a better world with sophisticated infrastructural facilities, eco friendly houses, modern transportation facilities with a pollution free environment and to protect the precious natural resources of this planet. To mould the students into good entrepreneurs and to promote self confidence and all-round development of the student personality through special lectures, practical training programs, field visits and technical seminars. To generate knowledge base through sustained research and developmental efforts. To promote faculty development programs for updating knowledge and improving their overall professional competence and caliber.
The mission of the Civil Engineering Department is to provide education for those students who are able to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society’s needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code, and to generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of Civil engineering.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
PEOI Graduates will apply the knowledge of civil engineering professional effectively in industry, government or other organizationsdesigning, improving, leading and implementing efficient civil engineering practices.
PEOII To produce graduates with good inter-personal skills and competency in communication and presentation to enable them to lead and work in multi disciplinary team environments.
PEOIII Graduates will have Ethical and Social Commitment Imbibe the awareness of professional ethics and social commitment towards sustainable development and all round growth of community.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Civil Engineering graduates will be able to:
PSO-1. Plan, produce detailed drawings, write Indian Standard specification, and prepare cost estimates.
PSO-2. Excel in the core areas of civil engineering such as structural, Geotechnical, environmental and water resources engineering and interact with stakeholders effectively and execute quality construction work applying necessary tools.