Best Engineering College in Hyderabad | Pallavi Engineer College
Mechanical Engineering On the trail of an admirable vision relaying on the power of technology. Striking for “Leading Edge”, setting standards of excellence yet focused on adding quality to human life; we expand the reach of technology and information through innovation and invention.
To create an innovative and knowledge-based society through concurrent teaching practices in mechanical engineering. Its highly qualified and experienced faculty and staff work with dedication and motivation. The department keeps in mind the ever changing challenges of modern day industry and its commitment to produce knowledgeable and responsible mechanical engineers fully aware of the tasks ahead.
The department of Mechanical Engineering strives to train students in the mechanical engineering science as well as application of these scientific methods to conceive, organize and carry out scientific design of engineering system.
The department’s professional programme includes a deeper study of a number of engineering sciences to which the students are introduced at the core curriculum level, experimental solution of physical problems, techniques and method of design of systems relevant to the contemporary industrial world.
The broad areas include Energy Conversion and Power Systems, Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics, Mechanics of Solids and, Manufacturing Science, Industrial Engineering, Automatic Controls and Engineering Design. Laboratory experience is considered to be an important part of the mechanical engineering programme. There are course oriented laboratories where the students do experimental work leading to a better understanding of physical situations.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design / Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to ones own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PSOs)
PEOI Graduates will apply the knowledge of Mechanical Engineering with an outstanding knowledge of mathematical, scientific, engineering, technology, management, humanities and various other interdisciplinary subjects for a successful career.
PEOII Graduates will have the required attributes with modern tools, technology and advanced softwares to pursue advanced education in Engineering and
PEOIII Graduates will have leadership skills with high level of integrity and ethical values for team building and team work.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
Mechanical Engineering graduates will be able to:
PSO – 1 Ability to Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern computer aided tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices
PSO – 2 Ability to apply engineering knowledge and design & analysis tools to solve problems in the domains of engineering mechanics, thermal and fluid mechanics.
PSO 3 Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern CAD/CAM tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices.